Tilda Wishing Star Card

Monday, August 07, 2017



I'm so happy that I finally was able to add posts of my handmade cards to this blog, and to begin with this wonderful adventure, I'd like to share a handmade card that I just made today.

This is a birthday greeting card for a friend of mine, hopefully she will be really surprised when she receive this card on her birthday day!~

And for sure, I must choose Tilda for the card because I love this little fat girl so much.

I first water painted the background paper (No.34 & No.63), and then finished it with silver dots(No.95) from the Kuretake 36 watercolor set.



Then I really struggled to choose the color for Tilda's dress to match this background, and finally I chose Pine Needles from distress inks. And this is also the first time that I color with distress stain. I always use COPIC Sketch for coloring before, so this is a challenge for me too. I'm not so good at using watercolors.





I tried to die cut the colored image with a frame but I am not so satisfied with the effect so then I decided to just cut the girl and stick it to the card with a foam tape.

I hand wrote the "happy birthday' tag for this card as I just started trying calligraphy recently so maybe it doesn't look so pretty as the stamped ones. 



Finally, I decorated the card with some leaves and paper flowers, and die cut a lace background for it. 

So!!!!!! This is it, my very first blog post and I hope this is a good start! Meanwhile, I have to say that, English is NOT my mother language, so if I made some grammar or spelling mistakes, you are really welcomed to help me to correct it. 

Welcome you all to leave comments for my blogs and also I will be so glad to hear any ideas or suggestions with the cards.

Hope to share all my crafting ideas with you guys from now on, and makes new friends with same interests! 

Regards,

Livia



Post Comment
Post a Comment